School Site Council
School Site Council (SSC)
The School Site Council is composed of the principal; representatives of teachers selected by teachers at the school; other school personnel selected by peers at the school; parents of pupils attending the school selected by such parents; and, in secondary schools, pupils selected by pupils attending the school. (Education Code Section 52012)
School site councils perform the following responsibilities:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Read and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement and recommend it to the school board.
- Monitor implementation of the Single Plan for Student Achievement.